“You have to question a cinematic culture which preaches artistic expression, and yet would support a decision that is clearly a product of a patriarchy-dominant society, which tries to control how women are depicted on screen. The MPAA is okay supporting scenes that portray women in scenarios of sexual torture and violence for entertainment purposes, but they are trying to force us to look away from a scene that shows a woman in a sexual scenario, which is both complicit and complex. It’s misogynistic in nature to try and control a woman’s sexual presentation of self. I consider this an issue that is bigger than this film. … There is something very distorted about this reality that they’ve created, which is that it is OK to torture women on screen. Any kind of violence towards women in a sexual scenario is fine. But give a woman pleasure? No way. Not a chance. That’s pornography.” —Ryan Gosling, in a letter protesting the NC-17 rating of ‘Blue Valentine’. The rating was based on one consensual sex scene, in which he performs cunnilingus on Michelle Williams. (via proclamationofemaciation)
it’s not really new years until it’s new years in AMERICA
I remember two years ago when people keep telling me: "Gaga is just a phase, you're gonna get tired of her" LOOK AT ME NOW BITCHES.
LLLLLOOOOOKKKK AAATTT MMMEEEE NNNNOOOWWWW!
- Interviewer: Don't you get freaked out that when you put a single out now, that a lot of people can get it for free, doesn't that freak you out at all?
- Gaga: I actually love it, cause I really just don't give a fuck about money at all.
we'd probably liveblog the end of the world
- omg earthquake!!!!
- ahh my mom just got hit by a rock omg!!!!
- rip mommy u were a good bitch
- flood is coming!!
- omg water is in my house
- nO NOT MY COMPUter
- it's ok i have service on my phone guys
- OMG MY SISTER IS DROWnING
- aw a fireman is here
- he's giving my sister mouth 2 mouth
- i ship it omg
- otp; i know how to save a life
- whoa the earth is like breaking open